Hybrid4-BoschSMG+InvCON2.3 : CAN database and vehicle Spoofing?

Introduction and miscellaneous that we haven't created categories for, yet
NewEM

Hybrid4-BoschSMG+InvCON2.3 : CAN database and vehicle Spoofing?

Post by NewEM »

Hi All,

The Peugeot HYBRID4 first generation (the one with the tiniest 1,1kWh NiMh battery) would make a good case for an "up-fit" / "hack" with a larger and higher voltage battery.

From what I gather, the rear diff has a Bosch SMG180/120 which would be good for up to 80kW and 200Nm at the motor.
The inverter which seems to be another Bosch item : INVCON 2.3 seems to be able to accept 400V right off the bat and the necessary current for the 200Nm.

However, the limiting factor is probably that 200V / 1,1kWh NiMh battery which is probably limiting in terms of power output as well as top speed (with the 200V).

Given all that, has any of you been able to make :
  • The motor/inverter run on it's own via the CANbus
  • The rest of the vehicle believe that the Battery/Inverter/Motor is correctly behaving in order to keep it in Electric mode
One thing that remains unclear for me at this point is how the ICE alternator (another Bosch oversized alternator : SMG138/80) recharges the 200V battery? Is there a DC/DC inbetween? If so, that could be an issue if we change to a higher bus voltage...
NewEM

Re: Hybrid4-BoschSMG+InvCON2.3 : CAN database and vehicle Spoofing?

Post by NewEM »

So far my research have not been very fruitful but here goes for reference :

Arber333 did a review of the eGolf Hardware which also comprises an Invcon 2.3 and a Bosch SMG180/120 : viewtopic.php?p=8035&hilit=invcon#p8035
Can decoding has been be mostly centered around the battery's BMS though.

Bliznakavd is dabbling with an openinverter board-converted Prius inverter controlling an RXH rear-axle here : viewtopic.php?t=4547

Not much else I could find for now...

The search continues :D