Wanted: Gen1 Ibooster connectors

Buy and sell
zippy500

Wanted: Gen1 Ibooster connectors

Post by zippy500 »

Does anyone have a complete set of Gen1 Ibooster connectors they have for sale

I did go through Lars webshop, he said he is not currently shipping to UK unless its above a certain amount. Something about the TAX.

If anyone can help out . Im in UK.

I have had a quick look at wiki at the part numbers. I would have buy the parts from mulitple sources which isn't a problem. AliExpress only sell the 26pin Block in multiples which will work out expensive . :?
MattsAwesomeStuff

Re: Wanted: Gen1 Ibooster connectors

Post by MattsAwesomeStuff »

I bought from Chief Enterprises, out of Texas. They required me to create a FedEx account because I'm Canadian and, I don't know they worry about get stuck with brokerage fees if the Canadians don't pay them when they appear after the fact or something (the FedEx account number tells them to enter that, and Fedex never charges them in the first place).

I believe Chief had everything, but, good lord you wouldn't want to buy it all from them. Might as well chop off your limbs and sell them to pay for it. It was far cheaper (though slower) to buy 5 of everything you'd need off of AliExpress. So I cut some corners and skipped most of the seals and a few of the pins, and just stuck with the things I couldn't find elsewhere.

Maybe just buy 5 of everything from AliExpress and the resell them.

There was someone who stole Lar's pictures and info and sold his own packages. Lars called him out on it and got no response. He also did a ton of reverse engineering and sold CAN-based solution. But his were even more expensive than Lars I think. And I don't know how many he ever sold or if he still does.
larsrengersen

Post by larsrengersen »

zippy500 wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 8:36 pm Something about the TAX.
Yeah, really sorry I cannot help. This tax thing is due to Brexit.
globalvatcompliance.com/globalvatnews/brexit-goods-below-135 wrote:A European entrepreneur who sends a shipment to the UK with a value below GBP 135 must therefore in principle register for VAT in the UK.
I have had a VAT registration in the UK but in the end that was so difficult and a hassle that I ended it and decided that unfortunately I cannot offer business to consumer to the UK.
In my webshop I cannot differentiate between below or above 135 GBP so I have made a VAT ID mandatory.
If the total of your order is above 135 GBP I can do a manual order.
And then the following applies:
globalvatcompliance.com/globalvatnews/brexit-shipment-of-low-value-goods-customs wrote:In the case of shipments of goods with a value in excess of GBP 135, the UK buyer will in principle be regarded as the importer. Import VAT applies at the UK border and is borne by the UK buyer.
Sorry, I have tried to keep selling to UK consumers but it just was too difficult.
Maybe it there is someone else from the UK you can join up and order and split locally.
Mitchy

Post by Mitchy »

Phoenix @ SGH has a UK based webshop.
Can give them a thumbs up, as I ended up getting my connector set there.
https://sghinnovations.com/shop/
zippy500

Post by zippy500 »

Thanks -ordered one set
MattsAwesomeStuff

Post by MattsAwesomeStuff »

Mitchy wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 1:45 pmPhoenix @ SGH has a UK based webshop.
That's dirt cheap. $50 for the whole kit?

Missing the plugs for wires you're not using, but, I plan to just slather mine with a bit of silicone and a thumb wipe.
zippy500

Post by zippy500 »

Yes Good price £67.50 with tax and postage, at least it will all arrive as one kit.

He has a reversed engineered Booster with their own VCU, that seem to do other stuff,

Dont know if it would help with anyone who is having issues with theirs.

Thanks for the tip on the silicon.