Cannot initialise Isa shunt through Zombieverter Topic is solved

Rustybkts

Cannot initialise Isa shunt through Zombieverter

Post by Rustybkts »

I have followed the advised method of initialising the Isa shunt using the zombieverter parameters but all it keeps displaying is large junk numbers in the voltage and current fields.

I have v2.05 which has a slightly different selection to initialise the shunt but I set it to On to initialise, save to flash then power re-boot.
Then set to Off, save again and re-boot but with no change.

The CAN resistance was 120 ohms on both CAN's that I have added a 120 ohm resistor to so both are now 60 ohms. Surprising resistors are not mentioned anywhere.

Checked the polarity is correct for both and can see the pre-charge voltage on the inverter volts so both CAN's would appear to be working.

Parameters are saving but just can't get the shunt to send decent numbers.
Jacobsmess

Re: Cannot initialise Isa shunt through Zombieverter

Post by Jacobsmess »

Have you searched this forum, I'm fairly certain someone had this exact issue not too long ago.
Rustybkts

Post by Rustybkts »

Jacobsmess wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 3:21 pm Have you searched this forum, I'm fairly certain someone had this exact issue not too long ago.
I found this and will try it in the morning in case the CAN setting is selecting the incorrect one.

Re: Initializing a new ISA shunt with ZombieVerter
Post by DerekSavage » Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:02 am

I found the answer, as well as another problem that was stopping me. Turns out that my CAN2 wires correspond to CAN1 on the web interface for some odd reason. When I changed them to the "wrong" value, I was able to initialize my shunt and it began showing values immediately. I used ISA_INIT = ON to initialize, and ISA_INIT = OFF thereafter. I did not have to use the "na" value.[/i]
royhen99

Post by royhen99 »

If you are following the connection diagram on the wiki this will not be the problem as it has since been corrected.
If you have SavvyCAN a log from the shunt and initialisation would be useful.
Rustybkts

Post by Rustybkts »

royhen99 wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 6:07 pm If you are following the connection diagram on the wiki this will not be the problem as it has since been corrected.
If you have SavvyCAN a log from the shunt and initialisation would be useful.
I have CAN King which is similar and will take a look what is happening when I initialise.
andybpowell

Post by andybpowell »

Rustybkts wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 2:22 pm I have followed the advised method of initialising the Isa shunt using the zombieverter parameters but all it keeps displaying is large junk numbers in the voltage and current fields.

I have v2.05 which has a slightly different selection to initialise the shunt but I set it to On to initialise, save to flash then power re-boot.
Then set to Off, save again and re-boot but with no change.

The CAN resistance was 120 ohms on both CAN's that I have added a 120 ohm resistor to so both are now 60 ohms. Surprising resistors are not mentioned anywhere.

Checked the polarity is correct for both and can see the pre-charge voltage on the inverter volts so both CAN's would appear to be working.

Parameters are saving but just can't get the shunt to send decent numbers.
I had this issue with 2 different ISA shunts and found that I had to power up the shunt just before the zombie then it initialised them fine after that everything worked as normal
Rustybkts

Post by Rustybkts »

andybpowell wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 7:44 pm I had this issue with 2 different ISA shunts and found that I had to power up the shunt just before the zombie then it initialised them fine after that everything worked as normal
Wow what a simple fix. It initialised first time.

Amps and volts exactly correct and Leaf stack has powered up including the DC-DC.

That info needs adding to the Zombieverter page.

Thanks Andy
Bratitude

Post by Bratitude »

Rustybkts wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 10:13 am
That info needs adding to the Zombieverter page.
Be our guest! Login to the wiki with your oi credentials
https://bratindustries.net/ leaf motor couplers, adapter plates, custom drive train components
Rustybkts

Post by Rustybkts »

Bratitude wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 3:02 am Be our guest! Login to the wiki with your oi credentials
Done! ;)